This seems to be making the rounds on Facebook lately. I’ve seen a whole lot of this popping up, and even those who hardly ever touch their notes uploaded “25 random facts” about themselves.
I was tagged. I’m not sure anymore by whom. Let’s just get it over with, shall we?
25 pretty much unrelated and random facts about me in less than 1000 characters:
1. I’m a messy person, but the files in my computer are always impeccably arranged. All 5000+ songs and some gigabytes worth of pictures neatly organized in folders. And the desktop is bare, save for a single easy-access folder.
2. I am clueless how to dance to RnB. Or house. Or dugshdugshdugsh trance/techno. I like concerts, live bands, not Ne-Yo streaming in from the speakers or DJs’ booths.
3. Outside of my usual rock, alternative, reggae favorites, I’m so in love with John Mayer’s Continuum, Where The Light Is and (his Trio’s) Try! album. <3
4. If I were a guy, you’d think I was gay. Alongside my favorite dark, serious, depressing movies, I really like happy, song-filled old movies: The King & I, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, My Fair Lady. And the more contemporary musical, Rent, of course.
5. I’m a sucker for nice movie/TV series soundtracks. Musicals don’t count in this one, okay.) This probably started when I realized I preferred downloading by compilation soundtrack over by artists’ albums. Grey’s Anatomy, Gossip Girl, I Am Sam, Garden State, Clueless, Almost Famous, even Yes Man was surprisingly pleasant, to name a few.
6. I am totally crushing on Bear Grylls. You know, the Man Vs. Wild guy.
7. And Johnny Depp. Always and forever, Johnny Depp.
8. I’m convinced that I’m too Manileña to be Promdi, but I’m also too Promdi to be Manileña. I’m stuck at an odd in-between place. Meh. ‘Sall good anyway.
9. I’m convinced Big Bird, Tweety Bird and Mickey Mouse are gay. I’d say Elmo, too, but I think he’s just annoying.
10. I wear my contact lenses now more than I used to. I only used to wear them when I have a night out, or something going on with friends, outside of just having to go to work. Now I wear them pretty much everyday except when I go home to Laguna for the weekend. Yikes.
11. I still don’t know how to wear (real) make-up! I’m actually relieved I don’t. I don’t really care, that’s why I don’t know how. All I bother with is eyeliner and some brow pencil and I’m good to go.
12. I have way too many bottles of nail polish. 5 of which are 5 different shades and textures of pink. There’s also black, blue-black, purplish-black. White. Red, rose red, orangey-red, orange. Green. Blue. Crayola-box yellow, blinding yellow, super light yellow… just off the top of my head. Can you tell I like experimenting with nail colors?
13. I love food! I looooove eating! My friends would back me up on this: I obsessed about the Wendy’s Baconator for weeks. When I want something, I WANT it. Pizza, pasta, cake, junk food, salad, ice cream, sandwiches, burgers, fishballs, green mangoes with alamang, maki, sashimi… I could go on! As long as it’s not weird food, if I haven’t tried it yet, I’m willing to.
14. Speaking of weird food, I’ve never actually eaten shawarma. I don’t know why. I just never got around to it.
15. I don’t like anything buko. And believe me, I’ve tried coconut several ways — juice, buko pandan, sprinkled over other food, pie — and I just really don’t understand the appeal.
16. “Cooking” instant noodles is my specialty. Nissin Yakisoba is the shiznit. Why not?
17. Miley Cyrus annoys the shit out of me. I really, truly, honestly think Miley Cyrus is… UGLY. Granted, she’s got great legs, and sometimes, I like the clothes she wears. She actually is kinda hot… but only from the neck down.
18. Have I mentioned that I really really talk shit about other people?! And I enjoy it too. But only about complete strangers (Sample: OMG ew look that fat woman’s sitting on the sidewalk and I can totally see her g-string AND her butt crack!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA EWWWW*), and never to their faces, and of course, celebrities (See #17). Friends are safe from my judgment. But generally, I’m what people call a laitera.
19. I am not fat. But I’m pretty sure I’m not as healthy as I should be. I drink a lot of coffee. I smoke even more cigarettes. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. And I do absolutely no exercise. Hey, at least I’m not fat?
20. Exercise is something I don’t see myself getting into. I’m a lazy ass. If I could get into a sport, sure. But exercise for the sake of exercising? Ugh, no.
21. I took ballet classes at a young age. Had to stop because there was nobody to drive me there when my parents got busy.
22. Took piano classes too for a while. Never got to the lessons that involved both the left and right hands. That also had to stop when we moved.
23. I once read the entire Book of Revelations. I wanted to know when the world would end, if the world would end. I didn’t understand much, so that was pointless.
24. The way most little girls wanted to be princesses, I had the ambition to be a soldier. And! I used to explain, I didn’t want to be one of the girly soldiers in mini-skirts — of course, the girl soldiers wore mini-skirts! — but one of the real soldiers in fatigue pants and clunky boots and helmets and guns.
25. I had a crush on a girl once when I was in grade 4. She had short-but-not-boycut hair, is all I remember. We moved away the next school year so I never found out what happened to her. Lesbian tendencies? Aww.
I’m tagging anyone who has nothing better to write about. Like me.